You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
This release adds support for the AWS shared credentials file, adds support for Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) encryption, and contains a handful of fixes for Amazon EC2, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS). It also includes fixes for Python wheel support.
A bug has been fixed such that a new exception is thrown when a profile name is explicitly passed either via code (
profile="foo") or an environment variable (
AWS_PROFILE=foo) and that profile does not exist in any configuration file. Previously this was silently ignored, and the default credentials would be used without informing the user.
- Added support for shared credentials file. (issue 2292, commit d5ed49f)
- Added support for EBS encryption. (issue 2282, commit d85a449)
- Added GovCloud CloudFormation endpoint. (issue 2297, commit 0f75fb9)
- Added new CloudTrail endpoints to endpoints.json. (issue 2269, commit 1168580)
- Added ‘name’ param to documentation of ELB LoadBalancer. (issue 2291, commit 86e1174)
- Fix typo in ELB docs. (issue 2294, commit 37aaa0f)
- Fix typo in ELB tutorial. (issue 2290, commit 40a758a)
- Fix OpsWorks
connect_to_regionexception. (issue 2288, commit 26729c7)
- Fix timezones in CloudWatch date range example. (issue 2285, commit 138a6d0)
- Fix description of param tags into
rds2.create_db_subnet_group. (issue 2279, commit dc1037f)
- Fix the incorrect name of a test case. (issue 2273, commit ee195a1)
- Fix “consistent” argument to
boto.dynamodb2.table.Table.batch_get. (issue 2272, commit c432b09)
- Update the wheel to be python 2 compatible only. (issue 2286, commit 6ad0b75)
- Crate.io is no longer a package index. (issue 2289, commit 7f23de0)